Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Two months? Ghaaa

These days are extremely boring and a utter waste of time. After working quite hard for so long this two month vacation is really getting to me. Wonder why they have to give a two month vacation? I don't think they have any justification for that. I was reminded by a friend not too long ago, that every vacation we get during the three year course adds up to one year. Why do we have to waste one whole year when we can finish what we do in two years? I don't like wasting time. I like chilling but not all day long for two whole months.

Having unraveled my sudden realization of truth, I thought I'd share a few pictures. Here goes,


This dragonfly was taken in the Passi Kudah, beach. Baticaloa has a insane population of dragon flies. Not that it was mentioned anywhere, I just realized. every where you look there are plenty.


One more of the little fella who was so caught up in nibbling some thing that he let me get really close to him. Take a closer look and you actually can see the lad's wings.



Now thats how they transport fire wood in the North and east parts of Sri Lanka. Zoom in and take a closer look. The guy is transporting a lorry load of fire wood.




This paaruwa(boat used for fishing) is waiting to head out to sea.




Fisherman mending his nets, after fishing all night.



I love this picture for some reason. The guy looks extremely cool and he is chill-axing :P

Probably the craziest thing I have done. I was that close to the elephant, and he had attacked a villager minutes ago. I feel stupid now for doing it. This was some where in Habarana.



Some thing I have learnt during the past week is you have to
forGIVE to forGET.

It has been working for me, why don't ya'll give it a shot?

Hope you enjoyed the post. 

Cheers!

13 comments:

  1. Cool. nice set of pic’s.

    ohh! That monkey! I guess no one can beat that pose … brilliant capture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monkey stance is hilarious. You made him sit like that? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me-Shak:

    Love the pics! What a great glimpse into your world - it's beautiful. :)
    That might just be one of the coolest monkeys i've ever seen. ...and the capture of the dragonfly's almost luminescent wings is magical. Do you know i've had to fend off people from killing dragonflies here because they are considered a nuisance? Glad to see they are valued elsewhere.
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely set of pictures mate! :D Especially the monkey! ;)

    And too bad you don't like lounging around, these two months are just perfect for me! LOL xD

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the monkey too, he knows how to relax, the elephant and you were up close and personal, a bit near for my liking.
    Forgiving is reasonably easy but forgetting takes time. Worth it though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Un reportaje variado y bien captado, felicitaciones.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great set of pics, Me-shak. Fav's the fisherman with the net. Looks almost perfect :)

    And my, what a cute bum ;) Even if it's a little dangerous...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anjana :D
    very good to see a new "flogger" here. Thank you so so much for dropping by and I appreciate your comments very much.

    K :D
    No he did it for me and he was not making faces at me, at all. He was one of the calmest monkeys I have seen. Thank you for your comments :D as usual, and for dropping by.

    Amaris :D
    People here are not that fascinated by the dragon flies, may be I am ;) Thank you for all your lovely comments and taking the time to drop b. I appreciate it a lot.

    Chavie :D
    Thanks man, my inspiration, my all :D ha ha, I knew that the day we got holidays :P Thanks you so so much for your comments :D I appreciate it much.

    Glennis :D
    The monkey was amazing. Yeah I feel so stupid for getting so close to the fellow :D Yeah it's worth a shot :D Thank you so much for taking time to comment I appreciate it a lot.

    Jose :D
    Thank you so much for your comments, It means a great deal to me. I appreciate it much.

    Losh :D
    Thanks Losh for your comments, as usual. Yeah it was a great moment. Yeah isn't he? Thank you for dropping by and your comments. I appreciate it a lot.


    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A few things.
    1. Lovely captures.
    2. You are mad to get so close by foot to a wild Elephant.
    3. That dragonfly is a male Blue Percher Diplacodes trivialis (Rambur, 1842).
    4. The Hanuman Langur is not a 'he', but a 'she'. Take a closer look! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your pics (as usual!). And I totally agree with you, that one has to forgive to forget :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The monkey looked kinda creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The stance of the monkey is splendid!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Galicissa :D
    It means a great deal to hear that from you. I felt the same way when I knew it was wild. I ran back to the bus as soon as I could. Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it very much.

    Harsoon :D
    Thanks man, I really appreciate it!

    Mie :D
    Ha ha, it does look creepy. Thanks for dropping by and for your comments!

    Aufidus :D
    Thanks, It means a great deal to hear that from you. Thank you for taking the tome to comment.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete